If you've landed on my website because you struggle with amenorrhea, PCOS or fertility issues, then oh my gosh you are in the right place! The menstrual cycle and everything related to it is my jam!
But before this became my Life's Work, it was just my own personal journey.
I'm so incredibly passionate about helping women with their periods, hormones, fertility (and just living life as a woman in general!) because I've been on the ugly end of Women's Health.
I know how ##cking hard it is, especially when you can't find the help you desperately need.
Damn You, Hormonal Birth Control
I used the birth control Pill for 10 years straight
And you know what? It kinda f*cked me up!
I had anxiety so bad that I'd wake up and the first thing I felt was pure dread.
I was physically and emotionally exhausted, all the time but I couldn't go to friggen sleep!
I was in my early 20's, engaged to a total hunk and... I didn't have a libido! Then on the very odd occasion we did actually have sex, it was painful. Sudden sharp or stabbing pains was the norm.
I cried, a lot (not from the sex, just from...everything!)
And I binged on sugary foods and alcohol because I didn’t know how else to deal with my feelings.
I can still remember so clearly, waking up as a 25 year old woman and thinking to myself "there has to be a better way to live".
I Just Want My Period Back
If you read that heading and it resonated, I'm so sorry. It's scary isn't it? Or have you moved into the frustration phase now?
I remember how it felt when I couldn't relate to the women around me. I went to bed praying for a monthly bleed while they whinged about theirs.
I waited month after month after month. Nothing.
And I remember the tears of frustration when I left the doctors office. First she told me I had PCOS and then she followed up with "To regulate your period you'll need to go back on the Pill". What the actual F?
I felt lost.
When my period finally came back, I cried. Oh, I cried and laughed and felt my heart pop with love & gratitude.
I was SO relieved.
And so excited! I wanted to throw myself a period party! I wanted to scream so everyone knew that I had my period!!
I felt like a woman again. And I felt powerful! I'd helped my body to heal.
Have you seen the Matrix? You know the scene where Keanu has to choose between the Red Pill and the Blue Pill?
...taking the Red Pill will reveal the unpleasant truth or he can take the Blue Pill to remain in blissful ignorance.
I took the Red Pill without hesitating.
- I learnt exactly what hormonal birth control does to a woman's body.
- I learnt how diet & lifestyle heal while medications and drugs manage.
- I learnt about Nutrition for a healthy body VS Nutrition for making businesses rich.
- I learnt how "being skinny" and "low fat diets" are ruining women's hormones.
- I learnt to love & trust my body and to not trust everything I see on TV or am told in a doctors office.
- I learnt that I was not alone, that women all over the world were experiencing the same problems.
And I had to RELEARN that I am part of nature, that my body knows how to heal, that my symptoms weren't just 'part of being a woman' and that my menstrual cycle is powerful and amazing.
& I Haven't Stopped Learning Since...
MY TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Trained Teacher in Natural Fertility Education
- Qualified Nutritionist (Nutritional Medicine)
- Additional 12mths training in Functional Nutrition
- SD Protocol Practitioner (Sympathetic Dominance/Stress Response)